If you’ve been following The Birch Cottage blog for any period of time, you probably know that Lenny and I have seven children. We do a LOT of our Christmas shopping online and have for years. This year, I thought I would share some of our online shopping expertise with you by sharing some of our favorite gift ideas for the men in your life. Here’s my 2016 Christmas Gift Guide for Men.
I am an Amazon affiliate. What that means to you is that if you click on one of these products and make a purchase, you’ll be supporting this blog (and my family) at absolutely no extra cost to you. You can read my full disclosure here. Thanks!
Christmas Gift Guide for Men
Like I said, Lenny and I do a lot of our shopping online, especially at Christmas time. In fact, there have been many years where we just about purchased absolutely every Christmas gift online. It sure beats dealing with crowded, out of stock stores, not to mention holiday nerves and traffic! The gift guide is a collection of items that I think would make fantastic gifts for the men in your life based on what the men in my life have absolutely loved receiving.
The first item on my 2016 Christmas Gift Guide for Men is this enamel mug from Wild and Wolf, Inc. The mugs come in several colors and are perfect for men because, well, they don’t break! Here are the specs from Wild and Wolf:
- Mug constructed of cold rolled steel coated with tough enamel
- Mug says “the adventure begins” on one side and gentlemen’s hardware on the other
- Capacity 12 fl. oz.
- Gentlemen’s hardware is a registered Trademark of wild and wolf inc
This Contigo mug made our 2016 Christmas Gift Guide for Men because we absolutely love these insulated mugs from Contio. Although they come at a great price, that’s not what we love about these travel mugs. We use them ALL the time. I have the 16 oz and my husband has the 20 oz. They absolutely, positively keep your hot drinks hot and your cold drinks cold. These are the specs from Contigo:
- Leak- and spill-proof
- Drinks stay hot up to 7 hours and cold up to 18 hours with the 20 oz size
- Easy one-handed drinking
- Easy-clean lid opens completely
- Button lock
- Fits most car cup holders
- Top rack dishwasher safe lid, hand wash body
- 100% BPA-free
These Sheepskin Slippers made my 2016 Christmas Gift Guide for men because my husband absolutely loves these slippers. In fact, he recently received a pair of these slippers for his birthday. He wanted some slippers that wouldn’t get wet when he walked outside to get the mail or set the trash cans out in the mornings. Bingo!! Plus they’re warm and comfortable. Here’s what Slippers International has to say about these
- Dyed Lamb Fur (Fur Origin: China)
- Rubber sole
- Warming slipper featuring split-toe seam, genuine shearling lining, and easy-on elastic goring wedges
- Cushioning memory foam footbed
- Indoor/outdoor sole
The CUBE made it into my 2016 Christmas Gift Guide for Men because the men in my family are constantly looking for their keys. We were looking at the Tile Key Finder and then we found the CUBE. The difference is that with the Tile, when the battery dies (and it will), you have to buy a new fob. With the CUBE, you just replace the battery. Here’s the CUBE specs from Cube Tracker:
- Attach CUBE to anything and use CUBE Tracker App to find your Item fast
- Lost your Phone? Use your CUBE to locate your phone with ring, vibrate, and flash, even if the app is not running
- Simple CUBE Tracker app will show last known location on a map, uses bluetooth to tell if you are near or far, press find and CUBE will ring, up to 100′ range.
- Taking family photos? Use CUBE as a shutter button for your phone camera
- No need to replace CUBE each year. Just replace battery yourself once a year. Extra battery included
My husband sometimes has a difficult time finding just the right wallet. He was getting a little tired of the bulge of a big wallet in his hip pocket and was looking for something smaller, slimmer that he could keep in his front pocket. A money clip, perhaps. But this slim Men’s Marlboro Flip-Clip Wallet from Timberland just might be what he’s been looking for (we’re about to find out) and that’s why it’s on my Christmas Gift Guide for Men this year. Timberland’s has a great selection of wallets. Here are the specs:
- Hand Wash
- Exterior pocket clip
- Flips closed for compactness
- Clear id window
- 100 percent genuine leather
This flashlight is another gift idea that comes highly recommended from the men in my family. If I were to tell you that my husband and my three sons love this flashlight, it would definitely not be an exaggeration! This flashlight is small, but with 400 lumens, is super bright. When I say super bright, I mean it is blinding bright. Your guy will love this flashlight and that is quite simply why I added it to my 2016 Christmas Gift Guide for Men. Here’s what J5 Tactical has to say about this amazingly bright flashlight:
- Extremely Bright 400 Lumen Flashlight (Max Output) LED Bulb Producing An Intense Beam of Bright Light up to 800 feet
- Intelligent, High / Low / Strobe (for disorienting would be attackers) Light Modes Means You Will be Ready For Anything That Comes Your Way.
- The J5 Hyper V LED Flashlight Runs Off of 3 x Standard AAA Batteries (not included) & gives hours of use.
- Heavy Duty, Compact Handheld Flashlight, Tough as Nails makes the J5 Tactical Hyper V the perfect Tactical Flashlight for Hunting, Camping, Fishing & Outdoor Activity
- J5 Tactical is the Official Flashlight of Joe Gibbs Racing and the Number 19 ARRIS Toyota Camry NASCAR driven by Carl Edwards
A couple of years ago, we bought one of our soldier son’s a Leatherman for Christmas. He absolutely loved his Leatherman Multi-Tool so much that when his went missing, he asked for another one for his birthday. Guess what he found shortly after his birthday? These Leatherman Multi-Tools comes with a 25 year warranty. Amazing. Add this to your shopping list for all the men on your list! Here are the specs:
- FEATURING 17 TOOLS: Needlenose pliers, regular pliers, 154CM replaceable wire cutters, 154CM replaceable hard-wire cutters, electrical crimper, wire stripper, 420HC knife, 420HC serrated knife, saw, awl w/ thread loop, ruler (8″, 19cm), can opener, bottle opener, wood/metal file, phillips screwdriver, large screwdriver, small screwdriver.
- ALL LOCKING FEATURES: All locking features mean that every tool and knife on the body of the handle, with the exception of the plier head, will lock into place. The all locking design enables you to operate individual tools safely and effectively. By locking them into place when fully open, you can put pressure on the implement while safely completing the job, before manually unlocking the tool to stow it away.
- REPLACEABLE WIRE/HARD-WIRE CUTTERS: The Rebar is the first model Leatherman has produced with replaceable wire/hard-wire cutters in a 4″ tool. To maintain the balance of materials when making room for the new removable wire cutters, more steel was added to key areas, making the Rebar pliers the strongest, beefiest pliers ever produced on a 4″ tool.
- LANYARD RING: This secure ring is for attaching the tool safely and securely to a lanyard. Often people who work near water or on scaffolding attach their tool to a lanyard on their person to avoid losing the tool if it’s dropped.
- ONE TOOL. A COUPLE THOUSAND USES.
The Kindle Fire HD8 is on my 2016 Christmas Gift Guide for Men because, like most of the other items on this list, it’s something my husband absolutely loves and uses every day! My husband and I both have Kindle Fires. We love them. We hardly leave home without them and we use them absolutely every day. My husband uses his to read the Washington Post in the mornings, browse his email, shop and search online. We take our Kindles when we travel, pre-loaded with books, videos, magazine subscriptions and even library books that we’ve downloaded. I highly recommend buying the Kindle with as much storage as you can buy. Trust me, you’ll use it and you can’t upgrade or increase the storage later.
When our son went on deployment with the Army, we bought him a Kindle Fire, Prime Membership and he was able to download books and movies. Then when our daughter went on deployment with the Navy last year, same thing. We bought her a Kindle Fire and it was great because space is so limited onboard the ship and she could carry it with her easily when the went into port. It was great! Here’s what Amazon has to say about the new Kindle Fire HD8:
- All-New Fire HD 8, now with up to 12 hours of battery life, 2X the storage, and 50% more RAM for faster performance
- Stunning 8″ HD display, a 1.3 GHz quad-core processor, and Dolby Audio. Available in four colors.
- Now with the Alexa cloud-based voice service – just press and ask
- Amazon Underground, where thousands of apps, games and even in-app items are 100% free
- Enjoy millions of movies, TV shows, songs, Kindle e-books, apps and games
- Prime members get unlimited access to a huge selection of songs, books, videos and more
- 16 or 32 GB of internal storage and a microSD slot for up to 200 GB of expandable storage
It’s no secret that Lenny and I have seven children and a large extended family. It’s also no secret to my family that I (believe it or not) hate to shop. We do most of our shopping, especially our Christmas shopping, online. We have an Amazon Prime Membership and have had one for years – probably since they first started offering Prime. We love the free two-day shipping, the deal of the day and Amazon Prime Movies. We also love their absolute no-hassle return policy. Love it! You can also purchase Amazon Prime Memberships as a gift. It makes a great gift! If you have a Kindle, it’s an absolute no-brainer. Gift Amazon Prime! Here are some of the benefits of membership”
- FREE Two-Day Shipping on tens of millions of items
- Unlimited, ad-free access to millions of songs and thousands of playlists and stations with Prime Music
- Instant streaming of thousands of movies and TV shows with Prime Video
- Free unlimited photo storage in Amazon Drive
- Read unlimited books, magazines, and more on any device with Prime Reading
2016 Christmas Gift Guide for Men
I hope that this Christmas Gift Guide for Men for 2016 offered up some great gift ideas for the men on your shopping list. I know men can sometimes be hard to buy for because, after all, they can only use so many ties, right?
There are also some great Black Friday deals out there this year. Amazon will also be having plenty of Black Friday and after Thanksgiving deals and sales. By the way, if you’re not an Amazon Prime Member, you might want to sign up and take advantage of their great free 2-day shipping service. The cost of the membership is more than made up for with the savings in shipping, frustrating trips to the store only to find out their out of stock, fighting with traffic – you know, Christmas joy! By the way, these gift ideas for men, will work for any holiday, birthday or special occasion.
Til next time….
If you need a little more inspiration, be sure to check out these other 2016 Christmas Gift Guides: