These Chocolate Caramel Pecan Pretzel Bites are easy to make, absolutely tasty and the perfect blend of sweet and salty. Make them for all your gatherings!
I couldn’t believe how crazy simple this recipe was. Nor could I believe that something this simple would taste so amazing!
I just love salty sweet things, like these Salted Caramel Apple Pie Bars or my favorite Salted Caramel, plus Rolos happen to be one of my favorite candies. So, of course, I had to give it a try. Oh! My! Goodness! These things are amazing! And addictive! And Amazing!
I made several batches of these Pretzel Bites and none of them lasted very long. I thought I’d make a big batch and then put some in gift bags. Nope. They didn’t last.
Kelly’s recipe included: Waffle Pretzels (Butter Snaps), Rolos and M&Ms. Those were good and kid friendly. But, then, something even more magical happened. I added pecans! The pecans definitely take the sweet/salty thing up a notch.
My recipe is simple but decadent: Waffle Preztels, Rolos and Pecans. In fact, when our youngest son when back to college after winter break last year, he took back a nice stash of Chocolate Caramel Pecan Pretzel Bites!
Chocolate Caramel Pecan Pretzel Bites
There’s not really a recipe, but here are the instructions:
- Preheat oven to 200°F.
- Unwrap Rolos.
- Line cookie sheets with wax paper.
- Place waffle pretzels in rows on the wax paper covered cookie sheet.
- Place one unwrapped Rolo on top of each waffle pretzel.
- Place in the oven and bake for 5-6 minutes. Just until the Rolos look like they are starting to melt slightly.
- Remove the cookie sheet from the oven and carefully top each Rolo with one pecan half and press down gently. Just enough to secure the pecan into the Rolo and the Rolo into the waffle pretzel.
- Let cool completely.
- Pretzel Bites can be stored in an airtight container in a cool place. (Not that they’ll last that long!)
These Chocolate Caramel Pecan Pretzel Bites are a perfect little treat for holiday gatherings. Fill a gift bag, tie a colorful ribbon and Christmas gift tag and you’ve got a nice little gift for teachers, friends, neighbors or even your mailman!
- 1 bag Rolos
- 1 bag waffle shaped pretzels
- 1 bag pecan halves
- 1 bag Plain M&Ms optional
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Line cookie sheets with wax or parchment paper.
- Unwrap Rolos
- Arrange pretzels on lined cookie sheet. Place one Rolo on the center of each pretzel. Place in the oven and bake for 5-6 minutes; just until the Rolos look like they are starting to melt slightly.
- Remove the cookie sheet from the oven and carefully top each Rolo with one pecan half or one M&M and press down gently.
- Let cool completely. Store in airtight container in a cool place.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 17Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 22mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 0g
Just the perfect blend of sweet and salty! I gotta warn you, once you make these Chocolate Caramel Pecan Pretzel Bites, you’ll be making batch after batch! They are quite simply that good!
Til next time…