These cranberry, walnut, white chocolate chip zucchini muffins are sure to be a family favorite and a great way to use up all that zucchini from your garden.
I am growing zucchini in my backyard garden for the first time in 30 years. Like a lot of you, I took my backyard gardening efforts a little more seriously this year. It’s crazy how the pandemic has impacted and changed our lives, isn’t it?
For the past few years, I’ve simply had a little salsa garden in our backyard with a couple of tomato plants, a couple jalapeno plants and a bell pepper plant. The perfect ingredients for some homemade salsa.
But, this year, my husband thought maybe we should try a few more plants. Because you never know what might become scarce during a pandemic. So we added a couple more tomato plants to our usual salsa garden and also planted some carrots, onions, pole beans, peas, corn, zucchini and watermelon.
The zucchini have been growing like crazy! In spite of the fact that we spent the last month in the north woods of Michigan, our little garden has flourished. Thankfully, we’ve had our daughters Heather and Morgan coming by to check on the garden and water it from time to time.
In fact, our daughter Morgan has been busy baking Chocolate Zucchini Bread. I think she’s made about eight loaves of zucchini bread so far.
I like to make muffins because they’re easier to share, store, eat and freeze. In fact, I have yet to make or try a zucchini muffin that I didn’t like. Today, I’m sharing with you my latest favorite Zucchini Muffins Recipe.
These zucchini muffins are not only full of shredded zucchini, which makes for a very moist moist, but also loaded with walnuts, dried cranberries and white chocolate chips.
You can actually take this Cranberry, Walnut, White Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins Recipe and change up the optional add-ins to include your favorites.
Cranberry, Walnut, White Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins Recipe
These muffins are moist, just-sweet-enough and full of all the right ingredients that make for a perfectly moist and flavorful zucchini muffin. It’s what zucchini muffins should taste like!
Before you begin this recipe, there are a few kitchen tools you should have on hand that will make your zucchini muffin making go more smoothly.
- mixing bowl
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- stiff silicone spatula
- muffin pans
- stand mixer (optional)
Walnut, Cranberry, White Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins
- mixing bowls
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- muffin tin
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 cups packed grated fresh zucchini
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cup walnuts chopped
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly grease two muffin tins or use cupcake liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs. Then mix in the sugar and vanilla extract. Stir in the grated zucchini and melted butter.
- In another large bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, ground ginger, nutmeg, and salt.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the zucchini mixture just to combine. Stir in walnuts, cranberries and white chocolate chips.
- Scoop the muffin batter equally among the cups.
- Bake at 350°F on the middle rack of the oven until muffins are golden brown, and the top of the muffins bounce back when you press on them, or about 25-30 minutes.
- Set muffin pans on wire rack to cool for 5 minutes. Then remove the muffins from the tin and let cool on wire racks another 20 minutes.
These zucchini muffins are moist and the flavor combination is perfect. If you love walnuts, dried cranberries or white chocolate, you’ll love these zucchini muffins.
Zucchini Recipes on Pinterest
If you are looking for more zucchini recipe ideas, I’ve curated an entire collection of more than 100 zucchini recipes in my Zucchini Recipes Pinterest Board.
More Recipe Ideas
If you liked this Cranberry, Walnut, White Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins recipe, you might also like these zucchini recipes from The Birch Cottage:
Til next time…