The Cricut Foil Transfer Tool is the newest tool from Cricut. The Kit is the fastest way to get up and running using foil in your projects!
DISCLOSURE: This blog post contains affiliate links for products or services I think you’ll like. The Birch Cottage is a member of the Cricut Affiliate Program. This means if you make a purchase from one of these links, I will make a small commission at absolutely no additional cost to you. All opinions expressed are 100% my own.
I have a Cricut Explore and a Cricut Maker. I love my Cricut cutting machines, supplies and tools. The latest addition to the Cricut family is the all new Foil Transfer Kit.
What is the Foil Transfer Kit?
You may be wondering just what is the foil transfer kit and why you might want one. Well, I’ve got the scoop! First of all, the Foil Transfer Kit includes the foil transfer tool and everything you need to start using it, including:
- 1 Foil Transfer Tool Housing
- 3 Foil Transfer Tips – fine, medium, bold
- 12 Foil Transfer Sheets 4″ x 6″ (10.1 cm x 15.2 cm), (6 silver & 6 gold)
- 48 Pieces of Pre-cut Tape (the tape is reusable)
Why Use the Foil Transfer Tool?
Do you like shiny things? Of course, when I think of shiny things, I can’t help but think of Dory – “Oh, look, something shiny!” But, seriously, you can add a touch of foil to cards, invitations, gift boxes and so much more!
Plus, Cricut makes it so easy to use. You simply put the special Cricut Foil Transfer Tool into your machine, choose or upload a design in Cricut Design Space, select “Foil” (fine tip, medium tip, or bold tip) as your line type, put your base material (such as cardstock) on your cutting mat, tape the foil transfer sheet on top of your material, load your mat into your Cricut, and press the GO button! Then sit back while your Cricut puts the foil on your cardstock (or whatever material you are using).
The results look complicated and intricate, but it really is quite simple to use and create stunning and shiny projects with the foil transfer tool kit. Like I said, simply load the tool into your Cricut Explore or Maker and watch it work its magic!
Cricut Foil Transfer Tutorials
I don’t have a tutorial ready for you – yet, but I did find some great tutorials from some very crafty and expert Cricut users. Since the foil transfer tool is so new (just released two days ago), there aren’t a whole lot of tutorials yet.
But, don’t worry, as I find more ideas I think you’ll like, I’ll certainly add them to this list:
Tutorials by Cricut
- The Cricut Foil Transfer Tool by Cricut
- The Cricut Foil Transfer System by Cricut
- Foil Feather Card by Jennifer Maker
Tutorials by Other Bloggers
- The Ultimate Guide to the Cricut Foil Transfer System by Hey Let’s Make Stuff
- How to Use the Cricut Foil Transfer Tool by Happiness is Homemade
- What is Cricut Foil Transfer Kit by Tastefully Frugal
- Amazing Cricut Foil Transfer Tool Projects by Jennifer Maker
- How to Use the Cricut Foil Transfer System by Cricut
- How to Use Cricut Foil Transfer Kit by Tastefully Frugal
Have you tried the NEW Foil Transfer Tool? I can’t wait to add some foil touches to some of my projects.
Til next time…