Use frozen roll dough to make this easy overnight Monkey Bread recipe. Topped with butterscotch pudding, brown sugar and cinnamon goodness.
This overnight Monkey Bread recipe really couldn’t be easier to make! No kneading or waiting for the dough to rise as you simply use frozen roll dough, let it sit over night and bake it the next morning.
See, easy, right?!
I first made this easy Overnight Rhodes Rolls Monkey Bread recipe more than 20 years ago. To say these are a family favorite that have stood the test of time is probably an understatement.
Easy Overnight Rhodes Rolls Monkey Bread
You won’t believe how easy and simple this recipe is – especially after you taste the monkey bread! Oh. My. Goodness.
Of course, I recommend the use of Rhodes brand frozen rolls, but you can use any brand. You can find Rhodes brand at Walmart and, hopefully, your local grocer. Other than that, there are only a few ingredients you’ll need:
- frozen roll dough
- butterscotch pudding
- melted butter
- brown sugar
- non-stick spray
- pecans or walnuts – optional
- bundt pan
- measuring spoon
For the exact measurements, please see the below recipe card.
First you’ll coat a bundt pan with butter or non-stick cooking spray.
Then you’ll add your pecans, if you’re using them to the bottom of the pan.
Followed by the frozen rolls. Just add the rolls and spread them out evenly.
Next you’ll sprinkle the pudding, melted butter, brown sugar and cinnamon over the rolls.
And cover the pan with cling wrap and let sit overnight.
The next morning, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Remove the cling wrap from the pan and bake for 30 minutes.
Remove the rolls from the oven and turn upside down onto a plate. There will be ooey gooey goodness dripping down the rolls.
- 1 bag 24 oz, Frozen Rhodes Dinner Rolls
- 1 - 3.4 oz box cook and serve butterscotch pudding
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans, optional
- Generously grease a bundt pan or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- If you are adding pecans, walnuts or raisins sprinkle them evenly around the bottom of the bundt pan. Place frozen dinner rolls into the bundt pan on top of the pecans.
- Sprinkle butterscotch pudding evenly over the rolls. Pour melted butter over top of the pudding covered rolls. Sprinkle the tops with brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let sit overnight.
- In the morning, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place bundt pan in the oven and bake rolls for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and turn rolls over onto a plate that is big enough for the rolls and to contain all the gooey butterscotch syrup that will spill out of the bundt pan.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 345Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 381mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 3gSugar: 12gProtein: 7g
Now that you’ve read the Overnight Rhodes Rolls Monkey Bread recipe, you can see just how easy it is to make. They’re great for Sunday brunch, or a work potluck or any time you want a sweet treat.
More Recipe Ideas
If you liked this Overnight Rhodes Rolls Monkey Bread recipe, you might also like these other family favorite recipes from The Birch Cottage:
So what’s on your menu for Sunday brunch this week? Maybe Overnight Monkey Bread? I hope so!
Til next time…