This Eggnog Muffins recipe is made using real eggnog, rum, and cinnamon. The ingredients in this Eggnogs Muffins recipe come together to make the perfect muffin, especially during the holiday season.
I was grocery shopping at our local Kroger store last weekend when I came across Eggnog. It looked so festive on the shelf in the dairy section and I just knew I had to buy some (plus it was on sale). I had a couple of recipes that called for Eggnog that I wanted to try anyway. So, I bought the Eggnog, went home and baked my very first batch of Eggnog Muffins.
This was a really easy recipe and the results, well, I took the muffins/cupcakes into work the next day and they were gone within minutes. Later that morning I received a phone call from Lenny wanting to know where all the Eggnog Cupcakes were and I told him I took them to work, but I saved him four. “Four?”, he said. “What if I want more?” Well, honey, I’ll just have to make some more!
Unbeknownst to me, Lenny loves Eggnog and when he loves something, well, moderation doesn’t exactly come to mind! In fact, I tease him all the time about how he and our boys have a moderation problem.
But, these muffins/mini loaves/cupcakes – whatever you want to call them, really were delicious. You can taste the richness of the Eggnog and the hint of vanilla and rum. The flavors just all meld together into this dense – kind of the consistency of banana nut bread – cake/bread/muffin like deliciousness that leaves your taste buds wanting for more.
Then, there’s the glaze. Oh, yeah! The glaze! It’s a simple little glaze made with powdered sugar and the star of the show, Eggnog. The eggnog infused glaze is the perfect topping for these tasty treats.
You’ve just gotta give this recipe a try! Like I mentioned, these are a denser consistency than cupcakes. And the original recipe called for making the muffins in mini loaf pans. But, I knew I was going to take these muffins to work, so I decided to bake them in muffin/cupcake tins instead. The perfect holiday treat without being over the top sweet. Perfect holiday Eggnog Muffins or Mini Loaves or Cupcakes or simply Eggnog treat yummies.
Eggnog Muffins Recipe
Below is a list of the ingredients used in this recipe. For the exact quantities or measurements, please refer to the below recipe card.
- granulated sugar
- baking powder
- baking soda
- powdered sugar
- medium mixing bowl
- large mixing bowl
- measuring cups (for dry and liquids)
- measuring spoons
- muffin pan
- muffin liners or cooking spray
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tbsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup eggnog
- 4 tbsp butter, melted and cooled
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp rum
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp eggnog
- Preheat your oven to 375 and spray a muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Whisk together the egg and eggnog. Then add the melted and cooled butter.
- Gently fold the egg/eggnog/butter mixture into the dry ingredients.
- Spoon into the mini muffin tin and bake for 8 to 10 minutes. (All ovens are different, but mine were underdone at 8, overdone at 10, and perfect at 9 minutes.)
- While the muffins are baking, make the glaze. Mix together the powdered sugar, rum, cinnamon, and 2 tablespoons of eggnog.
- When you bring the muffins out of the oven, let them cool until they won't burn your fingers, then dip them in the glaze, and set them on a wire rack.
- You can substitute rum for rum extract. Use 1 teaspoon of rum extract with 1 teaspoon of water.
- If you don’t like the flavor of rum, you can omit it.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 239Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 265mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 1gSugar: 28gProtein: 3g
More Recipe Ideas
If you liked this Eggnog Muffins recipe, then you might also like these recipe ideas from The Birch Cottage:
- Snickerdoodle Cupcakes Recipe
- Zucchini Muffins with Cranberries and White Chocolate Chips
- Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes
- Pumpkin Bread
Til next time…