Now, for my Father’s Day tribute, I wanted to share a project that I thought would be easy enough for families to make and something that dad might actually enjoy having. I actually got the idea from reading an article on The Art of Manliness blog. Have you visited or heard of The Art of Manliness? I think it’s a really cool site, so be sure and check it out.
The Art of Manliness features articles on helping men be better husbands, fathers
, and men….
For this project I’m going to show you how to make a really cool Belt Rack.
If your dad is anything like my dad or my Lenny, he owns several belts. So, this clever homemade DIY belt rack should do the trick in organizing dad’s belts in style.
- Wooden Clothes Hanger
- 7 – Cup Hooks
- First, you will want to mark the bottom of the clothes hanger rod where you want to place your hooks. I measured to the middle of the rod and made my first mark. I placed subsequent marks 2″ a part, for a total of 7.
- With an appropriate size drill bit, pre-drill holes into the bottom of the clothes hanger. (Pre-drilling is essential in order to keep the wood from splitting.)
- If your cup hooks are too long, you will want to snip off the ends with a pair of wire cutters.
- Screw cups hooks into pre-drilled holes in the bottom of the
clothes hangerbelt rack.
The next stop is The Clumsy Wife on Living with Style Blog Hop! Thanks for visiting and I hope to see you again next month!
You’ll find more Father’s Day inspiration here:
- Lory Robinson at The Robin’s Nest Designs
- Abby Winstead at Winstead Wandering
- Laura Gelnett at Making It Happen Together
- Brandy VanDeKop at The Dutchman’s Wife
- Natalie Bradley at Soirée by Natalie Bradley
- Karissa Ancell at A Fresh Start
- Leah M. Briick at Briick by Briick
- Dianne O’Donnell at Scrutinizing Life
- Rhonda at MultiTaskingMaven
- Pam B at Hey, Miss Adventures!
- Cristi Wuenschel at The Keeper of the Memories
- Keisha Sibert at Cupcake Wishes & Birthday Dreams
- Kristy Stewart at Under My Gabled Roof
- Pam Baker at The Birch Cottage <<<YOU ARE HERE>>>
- Ann Fontaine at The Clumsy Wife
- Lisa Milligan at Harmony and Happiness
- Kendra Sawyer at Wonderland Kind of Mind
- Ellen Ocampo at Baby Boo Gifts
- Fanny Seto at Living Richly on a Budget