Learn how to make homemade Lemon Body Scrub with Essential Oil. This scrub gently exfoliates dry skin while adding moisture.
I love making sugar scrub. In fact, one of the most popular posts on The Birch Cottage is my DIY Sugar Hand Scrub. This DIY sugar hand scrub is great for anyone who needs the cleaning power of Dawn Dishwashing Liquid and the softening of a sugar scrub.
Plus you’ll find plenty of free printable labels for the sugar scrub. And you’ll have access to these labels and more as a subscriber to The Birch Cottage newsletter.
Lemon Body Scrub with Essential Oil
This lemon body scrub is made with lemon essential oil and the zest of a lemon, sugar, plus your favorite oil. You can use almond oil, coconut oil, or even olive oil.
If you use coconut oil, it helps to soften it in the microwave first so that you can easily blend the sugar into the oil.
You can also use this recipe to make your favorite scent with essential oil. The possibilities for your homemade body scrub are limitless when you consider all the essential oil options.
How to Make Homemade Lemon Body Scrub with Essential Oil
The Lemon Body Scrub comes together quickly. In fact, you may have all the ingredients you need, except maybe the lemon essential oil, already on hand.
I like to use coconut oil in my sugar scrubs, but you can also use almond oil or even olive oil. Just keep in mind that you may need to add more or less sugar depending on the type of oil you use.
To make the lemon body scrub, you’ll need:
- granulated white sugar
- coconut oil, almond oil, or olive oil
- lemon essential oil
- lemon zest
For the exact amounts needed, please refer to the how-to card below.
There really are just a few supplies you’ll need to mix up your body scrub. If you plan on gifting the scrub, you’ll always want some nice decorative jars and maybe a wooden scoop or plastic spoon.
- medium mixing bowl
- spatula or wooden mixing spoon
- measuring cups
- 8 oz mason jar or decorative jar
- wooden scoop or plastic spoon
- Measure the sugar into a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- While stirring, slowly add the coconut oil (or the oil of your choice). Continue to stir until the sugar is of a nice consistency. If it is too runny, add more sugar.
- Add a few drops of the lemon essential oil and stir to combine.
- Zest one lemon and stir into the sugar scrub to mix well.
- When you have the sugar scrub to the desired consistency, spoon into a jar.
- The body scrub can be stored in an airtight container for up to three months.
- Only scoop the scrub with a spoon or clean hands in order to prevent contamination.
How to Use the Body Scrub
- Take a scoop full of scrub and gently rub into your damp skin where needed to soothe and moisturize dry skin.
- Rinse well with warm water.
- 2 cups granulated white sugar
- 1/3 to 1/4 cup of almond or coconut oil
- 3-4 drops of lemon essential oil
- zest from 1 lemon
- 8 oz jar
- mixing bowl
- silicone spatula
- measuring cups
- In a medium-sized bowl, add the 2 cups of white granulated sugar.
- Add the oil slowly while stirring until you have a nice soft consistency that is not too oily.
- Add a few drops of Lemon Essential Oil and stir to combine.
- Add zest from 1 lemon and stir to mix into the sugar mixture.
- Scoop the mixture into a clean jar.
Rub on dry and tired skin. Gently scrub skin and then rinse with warm water.
Free Printable Labels for Lemon Body Scrub
I designed a set of printable labels for the Lemon Body Scrub with Essential Oil. The labels were designed in 2″ and 2-1/2″ round label size and specifically for use with Avery label products.
Are you new here?
If you are new (not a subscriber) to The Birch Cottage, just follow the instructions under Subscribe below to get your copy of the labels delivered to you.
You will find the labels in the Subscribers Resource Library. If you are not already a subscriber, feel free to subscribe below and the labels will be delivered straight to your inbox! PLUS, you’ll have access to the ENTIRE library – it’s full of free printable goodies!
Like I said, if you already subscribe, no need to subscribe again. You’ll find the labels in the Subscribers Resource Library under Labels > Jar Labels – Lemon Body Scrub. Or just do a quick search for “lemon”. And remember, you’ll find a link to the Subscribers Resource Library near the bottom of every email you receive from The Birch Cottage!
More Sugar Scrub or Essential Oil Recipe Ideas?
If you enjoyed reading how to make homemade Lemon Body Scrub with Essential Oil, then you might like these other ideas from The Birch Cottage:
- Benefits of Using Homemade Sugar Scrubs
- Vanilla Pumpkin Pie Spice Sugar Scrub
- Gardeners Sugar Scrub
- Lemonade Sugar Scrub
You’ll also find ideas for homemade cleaners, like:
And be sure to pin this idea to your favorite Pinterest board to save it for later or to share it with family and friends!