Wondering how to download patterns and printables here on The Birch Cottage blog? You can easily have printable patterns and documents delivered straight to your email inbox. Here’s how!
It seems like every website I visit that they have a different way of accessing or downloading freebies. So, I’ve decided to take the guess work out of downloading digital files here on The Birch Cottage blog and tell you exactly what to do. Don’t worry, it’s easy!
How to Download Free Patterns and Printables
There are literally about one thousand free printables (also called digital files, PDFs, e-files, downloads, etc.) right here on The Birch Cottage blog.
A couple of years ago, I signed up for an email service through Flodesk that allowed me to streamline the delivery of these free documents to you.
No more wondering how to download, where to click, or what link to follow.
- Just enter your name and email address in the form requesting the document be emailed directly to you. There is a separate form for each document.
- Even if you are already a subscriber, just complete the form to request the document.
- printer paper
- computer, laptop, tablet, or smartphone
- Visit the page where you want to download the free document. Here's the link for the Crochet Lakeside Baby Blanket Pattern: https://www.thebirchcottage.com/crochet-lakeside-baby-blanket/
- Scroll down to near the bottom of the page to the download form.
- Type in your first name and email address in the form. Then click on button below the form (it may say, "Send me the pattern" or "send me the cards", etc.) to submit your request.
- You will see a confirmation message on your screen that reads: "Thank you for subscribing! Please check your email inbox for your download!"
- Go to your email and locate the message from The Birch Cottage. For the Crochet Lakeside Baby Blanket, the subject of the email message will be "Your printable crochet Lakeside Baby Blanket".
- Open the email and click on the Download button.
- The document will open in your browser. You then have the option to download and/or print the document.
Let's say for example that you would like to download the Crochet Lakeside Baby Blanket Pattern, you will do the following:
TIP: If you choose to download the document, make sure you pay attention to where the file is being downloaded so you can easily find it later. It may be also helpful to rename the document as it will be saved with a name like, "ec5f28c8-0899-4ed6-a6ee-82424ead687b.pdf". To rename the document, locate the file and right-click. Then select Rename. Type in the name you want for the file and press enter/return on your keyboard.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
What about the Subscribers Resource Library?
You still have access to the entire Subscribers Resource Library. You will find a link to the Library in every email you receive from The Birch Cottage. The link will typically look like one of the following.
And, in case you don’t know, the Subscribers Resource Library contains every free printable ever released on The Birch Cottage blog. You can browse, search and download all the documents you want.
All the documents are in printer-friendly PDF format.
The Library is really a shared Google Drive folder and it looks like the below picture.
What if I’m Already a Subscriber?
Even if you already subscribe to The Birch Cottage newsletter, you’ll still need to complete the form in order to have the document emailed directly to you for download. Don’t worry! You will NOT be subscribed a second time.
This is quite simply a more efficient and expedient way to deliver the documents straight to you!
Why Can’t I Just Download Directly from The Birch Cottage Website?
I spend a lot of time creating what I think is valuable content for my readers. I gladly share the documents with my readers (like you) for free. All I ask in return is that you sign up to receive my newsletter.
Plus, there is a risk associated with downloading documents directly from the world wide web and I would rather error on the side of safety. Fun and safe! Which is what I always tell my kids, “Have fun, but be safe!”
In fact, you can find many articles talking about the risks associated with downloading directly from the web, like:
It is dangerous to download files from the internet because of the proliferation of computer viruses, malware, harmful programs and other malicious content. When you download a file, you might also download a virus that could interfere with the normal operations of your computer.Study.com
How do I Unsubscribe?
You can unsubscribe at any time! Just want your free printable? No problem. Simply unsubscribe by clicking on the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email from The Birch Cottage. You can see the sample Unsubscribe link in the below picture.
Free Printable Documents
Like I said there are little thousands of documents right here on The Birch Cottage blog that you can download for free. You’ll find downloads like:
- Lakeside Baby Blanket Crochet Pattern
- Bacon Salt Printable Labels
- Christmas Cookes Recipe Book
- Fish Note Cards
There literally are so very many more. These are just a few, to give you an idea.
I want your experience on The Birch Cottage blog to be enjoyable. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to leave a comment below or email me at email@example.com.