This low carb or Keto Strawberry Sauce recipe has all the rich syrupy flavor you’ve come to expect in strawberry sauce, but without all the added carbs and refined sugar.
My husband and I are trying to eat healthier, including converting to a ketogenic diet. We aren’t strict “dieters”, but rather we look at this as a new way of life on our journey to becoming healthier versions of ourselves.
But, I gotta tell you, we aren’t strict when it comes to what we eat. We probably should be stricter, but that will come. In the meantime, we simply try to make healthier choices, like substituting some of our favorite desserts with sweetener alternatives to sugar.
I really enjoy the Splenda Brown Sugar Blend, by the way. It’s made with Splenda and real Brown Sugar, with a fraction of the carbs. I’ve used it for baking and in my homemade Dirty Chai Lattes. A little splurge for us on the weekends.
Keto Strawberry Sauce Recipe
Strawberry Sauce is perfect as a topping on your low carb cheesecake, pancakes or even ice cream! With just four simple ingredients, you can whip up a batch of this Keto Strawberry Sauce in a matter of minutes.
I’ve just recently started experimenting with Swerve Sweetener as a sugar alternative. So far, I’ve been really pleased. It measures just like sugar and comes in granular, powdered and even a brown sugar form.
So, give this no-guilt Keto Strawberry Sauce recipe a try and let me know what you think! I bet you’ll be as pleasantly pleased as I was! And, if you’re looking for the perfect recipe to complement this Strawberry Sauce, you’ll want to be sure and try my Keto Cheesecake for the Instant Pot!
- 8 oz fresh strawberries hulled and halved
- ¼ cup granular Swerve Sweetener
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- pinch of xanthan gum
- Clean, hull and quarter your fresh strawberries.
- Place strawberries in a small sauce pan over medium low heat.
- Add sugar and lemon juice, stirring to combine.
- You can use a potato masher to smash the strawberries, if desired.
- Allow to cook for several minutes until the strawberries soften.
- Remove from heat, sprinkle on xanthan gum, stirring to combine.
- Let sauce cool or serve hot.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 12Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 0g
More Recipe Ideas
If you enjoyed this Strawberry Sauce (a keto and low carb recipe) recipe, you might also like these other recipes from The Birch Cottage:
- Keto Strawberry Muffins
- Keto Dark Chocolate Muffins
- Low Carb Jambalaya with Cauliflower Rice
- Strawberry Vinaigrette
Til next time…