Follow these easy steps to learn how to upload and print a project file to Avery Design & Print Online!
I’ve always been a big fan of Avery products and use them regularly in my home and office. They are quality products that integrate well and work exactly the way they’re supposed to! So, when I discovered that Avery had designed and built the super fantastic Design & Print Online, I had to give it a try.
Then, when I found out how easy it is to use and how glitch-free my experiences have been, I just had to share this tool with you and I did exactly that back in March. Now, it’s improved and even easier to use! I’m really quite shocked at how well this program works. I’ve been involved in a lot of program development back when I used to work as a web developer and I can tell you that I’ve stumbled on my share of glitches and frustration at programs that didn’t quite deliver as promised.
I use Photoshop. Always have and probably always will. But, I find I’m using it less and less thanks to Avery Design & Print Online. It’s quite simply that good! They are not paying me to say this. It’s a product and company that I happen to believe in and have had excellent experiences with, so why not share that with you? This is opinion is 100% my own (and subject to change). Actually, if I ever change my mind, I’ll be sure to let you know. How’s that?
Learn How to Upload and Print a Project to Avery Design & Print Online
Follow these easy steps to upload your project file to the Avery Design & Print Online space. Once your file is uploaded, you can edit the file, print it yourself or send it to Avery to have them print it for you! I’ve broken this down into two parts:
- How to Upload a Project
- How to Print a Project
So, let’s get to work and learn how to upload an Avery project file and then we’ll learn how to print that project file. Sound exciting? Let’s go!
How to Upload a Project to Avery Design & Print Online
Setup an Avery Account
First things first. If you haven’t already registered as a user of the Avery Design & Print Online, you’ll want to do that so you can upload files, save your files, create new files and have an easy way to return to your designs. The steps are really easy:
- In your browser, go to avery.com
- Click on the My Account link at the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- Click on Create Account in the drop-down menu.
- You’ll then be taken to their secure registration page. Under Create Account, fill in your email address, password, enter your password again, first name, last name and click on Create Account.
Obviously, if you already have an account, you’ll skip these steps and just Login.
Upload a Project
Once you are logged in, you’ll be taken to your account page. From the account page, you have access to saved projects, create new projects, Avery products and templates and so much more. Uploading a project is really easy:
- From the Projects tab, click on the Upload Project button right in the center of the screen, near the top section of the page.
- Windows explore should open so you can locate your saved project file. Once you’ve located and selected your saved project file, click on the file to select it and then click on Open.
- It will take just a few seconds for the project to load. It will load it the Customize window. From here you can make any changes you desire to the layout of the project.
- Before you go any further, take just a moment to save your project file. Click on Save near the top right of the screen. A dialog box will open. Enter a new name for your project file and click on either Save to Your Account (highly recommend) or Save to My Computer. If you save the file to your computer, you’ll have to upload it each time you want to use it. However, if you save the file to your account, it will be accessible right in your account.
How to Print a Project to Avery Design & Print Online
Assuming you are logged in to your Avery Design & Print Online account and have uploaded your project file, you are now ready to print your project.
- Click on the Preview & Print tab at the top of the screen (or button at the bottom right of the screen). You might receive a Warning message. Just click on Skip this Step.
- The project will load in the preview screen. You can now select to print the project yourself or let Avery print it for you. To have Avery print it for you, simply click on the Let Us Print For You You’ll go through just a couple of steps to verify your design and product. Avery will print your project and mail it to you. Pretty cool! To print the project yourself, click on the Print it Yourself button.
- You now have access to a few print options. You can specify the Fill Direction (down and across or across and down) and the Print Range, if you desire. The Print Range option will allow you to select exactly which labels you want printed, such as labels 4-8. So, if you don’t want to print a full sheet of labels, you can select just the ones you want to print!
- When you’re ready to print, click on the Print Now If you haven’t saved your project, you’ll be prompted to do so.
- The Print Design window will open and you can select to Download PDF or Open PDF. Click on Open PDF. The project file will open in your browser and prompt you to print. Click on Print.
This may seem like a lot of steps, but really, it’s very easy and quick to upload a project file, modify it and print it. After you’ve done this a couple of times, it will all be second nature.
Plus, Avery even provides some top notch customer support!
Learn Something New!
A lot of the free printable labels and gift tags that you find here on The Birch Cottage blog were created with Avery Design & Print Online. It’s such a versatile program that’s fun to use and it’s FREE! Plus, it’s fun to learn something new, right?!
I plan on creating even more gift tags and labels and I’ll be sure to download the project file so subscribers to The Birch Cottage newsletter will have access to customize the source file.
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on a link and make a purchase, I may make a small commission at absolutely no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting this blog!
With Avery Design & Print Online you can use any of the Avery line of products, like labels, gift tags, note cards or even business cards or file labels. They even have a ton of free artwork and fonts to choose from. Totally fun. Totally doable.
Here’s a list of some of my favorite Avery products:
- Avery 22802 – Printable Tags with Strings for Inkjet Printers, 2 x 3.5-Inches
- Avery 22848 – Printable Tags with Strings, Scallop, 2 x 1.25 Inches
- Avery 22807 – Easy Peel Print-To-The-Edge Round Labels, 2 Inches
- Avery 22817 – Easy Peel Print-To-The-Edge Round Labels, 2 Inches
- Avery 22830 -Print-to-the-Edge Round Labels, 2.5 Inches
- Avery 22849 – Printable Tags with Strings, Square White, 1.5 x 1.5 Inches
I’m sharing this tutorial with you because I’ll be sharing lots of printables in the coming days and months and I’d like you to be able to customize them to your liking. Plus, you might just learn something new along the way!
So, what will you create? If you use the Avery Design & Print Online program, I’d love to know what you create. Just reply below or shoot me an email. Or, better yet, share a picture on social media and tag #thebirchcottage!
Til next time…