This is an easy pan fried kale recipe that’s loaded with flavor and ready in 15 minutes. Who knew kale could have so much flavor?!
I’ve shared with you that this past year has been a changing point for me. I’m determined to be healthier than I’ve ever been. I’ve already incorporated several changes into my healthy living lifestyle. One was the inclusion of a yoga practice in my daily life. You know, if you had asked me a year ago if I thought yoga could or would change my life, I would have mistakenly said no. But, it has! You can read more about my yoga practice here.
Another important change I’ve incorporated and continue to improve on, is eating healthier foods. Included in that list are avocados, coconut oil, herbs, vegetables, seafood and the exclusion of artificial ingredients and sweeteners. And, most recently, kale. Yep, I tried kale for the very first time just a couple of weeks ago while traveling home from visiting our son in Georgia.
It was simply some cooked kale with slivers of red onions and it was delicious! I was amazed. So, of course, I went to the grocery store when we returned home from Georgia, bought some organic kale and proceeded to make my own version of this dish. I’m still working on perfecting my Pan Fried Kale recipe, but I’d say I’m pretty close to perfection; if I do say so myself!
In the meantime, I’d like to share this Pan Fried Kale Recipe from Ree Drummond of The Pioneer Woman.
Pan Fried Kale
- 1 whole Large Bunch Of Kale Or 2 Regular Bunches
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 5 cloves Garlic Finely Minced
- Salt And Pepper to taste
- ½ Lemon Optional
- Thoroughly rinse the kale in cold water, soaking if necessary to remove grit. Tear the kale into chunks.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and quickly stir it around to avoid burning.
- Throw in the kale and use tongs to move it around the skillet. Sprinkle in salt and pepper and continue cooking until slightly wilted but still crisp, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove the kale to a plate and serve! Option: Squeeze the juice of half a lemon over the top.
Til next time…