This pulled pork recipe is a family favorite. It’s easy to make and oh so flavorful! Don’t be intimidated by the idea of pulled pork!
Next to a smoker, this pulled pork recipe is my family’s favorite! It’s easy to make and oh so flavorful! No more restaurant pulled pork for you!
Summer is quickly coming to a close, but there’s still time for one more barbecue recipe! You can modify this pulled pork recipe so that you cook the pork on your gas grill instead of baking in your oven. Just be sure to keep the grill temp at 300 degrees.
Pulled Pork Recipe
Perfectly roasted Pulled Pork. Who doesn’t love it? For an even tastier dish, serve with Parker House Rolls. You can find my Parker House Rolls Recipe here on The Birch Cottage blog!
Pulled Pork Recipe
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp chile powder
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 pork shoulder roast
- 4 onions cut into halves
- 1 bottle good barbecue sauce
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F.
- First, you’ll mix together all your dry rub ingredients in a small bowl: brown sugar, chile powder, paprika, garlic powder , salt, ground black pepper and cayenne pepper.
- Then you’ll rub the dry rub all over your pork shoulder roast. Wrap the roast in plastic wrap and place it in the refrigerator for at least four hours, but preferably all night.
- Place the pork in a large pot on a bed of the onion halves. Roast until fork-tender and falling apart, about 7 hours. Remove the pork from the pot and set it on a cutting board.
- Place the pot on the stove over medium-high heat and add 1/2 to 1 cup of hot water. Scrape the pan to loosen up the bits and cook for 5 minutes to reduce. Pour in the barbecue sauce and stir to heat.
- Shred the meat with two forks (or use your hand or stand mixer to shred), then toss in the barbecue sauce until it’s coated to your liking!
You can modify this pulled pork recipe so that you cook the pork on your gas grill instead of baking in your oven. Just be sure to keep the grill temp at 300 degrees.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 106Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 641mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 5g
More Recipe Ideas
If you enjoyed this pulled pork recipe, you might like these recipes from The Birch Cottage blog:
Til next time…
Be sure to pin this recipe to your favorite Pinterest board so you can save it for later or share it with family and friends.