This Pumpkin Cupcakes Recipe with Cream Cheese Frosting is so easy to make! And the cupcakes are so moist and flavorful. Your family will love them!
If you are a fan of pumpkin spice and a fan of really good cupcakes, then you will love these Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting! Plus, once you add the Cream Cheese Frosting, it just elevates these cupcakes to the next level.
Pumpkin Cupcakes are perfect any time of year, but they seem to be extra popular in the fall and into Thanksgiving. But, truth be told, once you try these cupcakes and see how easy and delicious they are, you’ll be making them all year long.
The Easiest and Best Pumpkin Cupcakes!
This is no exaggeration when I tell you these are the best cupcakes AND they are truly easy to make. And you probably already have all the ingredients on hand.
Like I said, I bet you’ll already have most of these ingredients on hand. But you’ll need:
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder
- Ground Cinnamon
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Vanilla Extract (or make your own!)
- Oil – use vegetable or Canola
- Brown Sugar
- Canned Pumpkin
And then for the Cream Cheese Frosting, you’ll need:
No special equipment required! I’m sure you’ll have everything you need:
- mixing bowl
- hand or stand mixer
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- 12-cup muffin tin
- cupcake liners
You may also want to use:
Moist and Flavorful Pumpkin Cupcakes
This recipe originally appeared in an old church cookbook. I don’t know the original source. I just know that every time I make them – they are absolutely delicious. My family and friends always rave about the cupcakes and the frosting!
I think one of the things that makes the cupcakes so good, besides the fact that they just have the perfect consistency, is the amount of vanilla extract and pumpkin pie spice that is used in the recipe. You will never bite into one of these cupcakes and wonder if it’s pumpkin. But, it’s not an overkill either.
Plus the recipe only uses 1 cup of canned pumpkin. So, if you purchase a 16 oz can of pumpkin, you will be able to make a double batch of cupcakes. One batch makes 12 cupcakes.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 -1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup vegetable or Canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar, plus more if needed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 12-count muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice together in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk the oil, eggs, brown sugar, pumpkin, and vanilla extract together until combined. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and use a mixer or whisk to mix until completely combined. Batter will be thick.
- Spoon the batter into the liners, 2/3 full. Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow the cupcakes to cool completely before frosting.
Make the frosting:
- In a large bowl, using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle or whisk attachment, beat the cream cheese and butter together on high speed until smooth and creamy.
- Add 3 cups confectioners’ sugar, vanilla, and salt. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds, then switch to high speed and beat for 2 minutes. If you want the frosting a little thicker, add an extra 1/4 cup of confectioners sugar.
- Frost cooled cupcakes.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
For mini cupcakes, bake 12-13 minutes. Yields approximately 30 cupcakes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Kootek 32-Piece Piping Bags and Tips Set with 24 Icing Piping Tips, 2 Reusable Pastry Bags 12 Inch
Stainless Steel Metal Measuring Spoons
OXO Good Grips Measuring Cups
KitchenAid Classic Bamboo Spatula Set, set of 2, Aqua Sky
KitchenAid Classic Mixing Bowls, Set of 3
KitchenAid 5-Qt. Stand Mixer
Paper/Baking Cup/Cup Liners, Pack of 500
USA Pan Bakeware Cupcake and Muffin Pan
I hope you enjoyed this Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe! I know I enjoy them and everyone I’ve ever baked them for has enjoyed them as well! If you enjoy baking you might also want to try these recipes from The Birch Cottage blog:
- Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes – These cupcakes are moist and dense and definitely have that pumpkin pie vibe going.
- Snickerdoodle Cupcakes – Reminiscent of a snickerdoodle cookie, but in a cupcake form!
- Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting – If you love the taste of chocolate and peanut butter, you’ll flip over these decadent chocolate cupcakes with the peanut butter frosting.
- Small Batch Cupcakes from a Box – Ever wondered if you could make a small batch of cupcakes from a box of cake mix? You can!