Why make pumpkin pie when you can make these Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes instead? Plus, no pie crust required! These Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes really taste like pumpkin pie in cupcake form. Your family will love this twist on a traditional favorite holiday dessert.
Truth be told, I am not a pumpkin pie fan. I think it’s a texture thing, but whatever it is, I always skip on the pumpkin pie. Until I made these Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes that is!
My family, for the most part, loves pumpkin pie. I often cheat and buy frozen pumpkin pies because I just really don’t like pumpkin pie. And my family doesn’t care if it’s homemade or frozen store bought. They love pumpkin pie.
There just seems to be something special about a cupcake. Whether it’s Snickerdoodle Cupcakes, Blueberry Cupcakes, Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Frosting or even Dark Chocolate Zucchini Cupcakes – I just love a good cupcake!
By the way, if you haven’t tried the Snickerdoodle Cupcakes – oh my! Make that the next cupcake recipe you try! They truly taste like a Snickerdoodle Cookie in a cupcake form.
Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes
These Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes contain all the typical pumpkin pie ingredients: pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice, evaporated milk, sugar, vanilla, and so on.
As far as the frosting goes, just dollop on some whipped topping or for an extra decadent cupcake, spread on some cream cheese frosting and sprinkle with pumpkin spice.
You can make the cupcakes in advance. Just simply keep them refrigerated until ready to serve. Then add your topping. I like to put the whipped topping in a pastry bag and swirl it on top.
Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes
These Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes really taste like pumpkin pie in cupcake form. Your family will love this twist on a traditional favorite holiday dessert.
- 1 15 oz. can pure pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice mix
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- whipped cream for topping
- cream cheese frosting, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl or in your stand mixer, combine pumpkin puree, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, and evaporated milk and whisk until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, pumpkin pie spice mix, salt, baking soda, and baking powder and whisk until combined.
- Pour dry mixture into pumpkin mixture and mix just until combined.
- Scoop batter into prepared muffin pan, filling each muffin cup with 1/3 cup batter.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until cupcakes are set.
- Let cool in the muffin pan for about 30 minutes or until completely cool.
- Transfer cupcakes to a plate or tray and chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- When ready to serve, top cupcakes with whipped cream (or cream cheese frosting) and sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 134Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 116mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 17gProtein: 3g
Like I said, I LOVE Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes! I think you will, too. And what about my family? They love them too! If you give this recipe a try, please come back and leave a comment below. I’d love to hear what you think!
Til next time…
And be sure to pin this recipe to your favorite Pinterst board to save it for later or to share it with family and friends!
Tuesday 12th of October 2021
....OMG...these cupcakes are soooo delicious...the texture is so moist... i will keep this recipe....thinking of making into a cake...so many greedy little tummies ... didnt have enough... lol
Wednesday 13th of October 2021
Madelene, I couldn’t agree more! And that was my reaction the first time I made them. I couldn’t believe how good they were. By the way, did you try the Snickerdoodle Cupcakes - same reaction? If you make it into a cake, let me know how it turns out!
Pam Baker The Birch Cottage