This Shrimp Scampi with Linguine recipe is full of creamy, garlic, lemon and shrimp goodness. Although it sounds complicated, Shrimp Scampi with Linguine is a fast and easy recipe.
We eat a lot of shrimp – probably once a week. In fact, there aren’t too many ways we don’t like shrimp. Actually, I can’t think of any way my husband doesn’t enjoy eating shrimp.
This Shrimp Scampi with Linguine recipe is one of my favorite ways to eat shrimp. I even make this recipe low carb by substituting the pasta with edamame pasta, almond flour fettuccine or even black bean pasta.
What’s the best part about this Shrimp Scampi with Linguine recipe? The sauce! The secret is definitely in the sauce.
And for the best taste, use freshly grated or shaved Parmesan Cheese. You can thank me later for that tip!
Shrimp Scampi with Linguine Recipe
This recipe not only tastes delicious, but is easy to prepare. You can have dinner ready in less than 30 minutes!
Plus, it’s a nice light dinner that won’t leave you feeling heavy.
The ingredients in the sauce just bring this otherwise bland dish to life. It truly makes my taste buds do a little happy dance.
And for variety, sometimes I make the shrimp scampi with broccoli. Oh. My. Goodness! I can taste it now! And you can taste it in about 30 minutes if you get started now.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ¾ pounds large or extra-large shrimp, shelled & deveined
- ⅓ cup chopped parsley
- Freshly squeezed juice of half a lemon
- Cooked linguini
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt butter with the olive oil. Add garlic and sauté about 1 minute. Add wine or broth, salt, red pepper flakes and plenty of black pepper and bring to a simmer. Let wine reduce by half, about 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp and sauté until they just turn pink, 2 to 4 minutes depending upon their size. Stir in the parsley and lemon juice and serve over pasta or accompanied by crusty bread.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 327Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 65mgSodium: 646mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 6g
More Recipe Ideas
I do a lot of cooking even though we are empty nesters now. If you are looking for more recipes like this quick, easy and delicious Shrimp Scampi with Linguine recipe, you might also like these family favorites:
And be sure to pin this recipe to your favorite Pinterest board so you can save it for later or share it with family and friends!