Healthy and tasty Shrimp Stuffed Avocado recipe!
My husband and I first discovered this dish while vacationing in Mexico. It’s quickly become one of our favorite dishes. If you like shrimp, avocados or Mexican food, you’re bound to love this light, flavorful and oh-so-good-for-you Shrimp Stuffed Avocado recipe!
Lenny and I really enjoyed the meals we had in Puerto Morelos. The dishes were prepared with fresh ingredients. This Shrimp Stuffed Avocado Recipe dish was one of Lenny’s favorites. We stayed at Hotel Ojo De Agua and ate at the Hotel Ojo De Agua Restaurant where we ordered the Shrimp Stuffed Avocados several times.
I’m still trying to perfect this recipe in order to copy the taste and flavors. What we found to be key is to use the freshest ingredients available. Obviously, living in Central Ohio we aren’t going to have fresh shrimp, so I used frozen shrimp.
- 4-5 firm ripe avocados
- 1 lb medium sized cooked shrimp
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced finely
- 5 tablespoons cilantro aioli (or use mayo with fresh chopped cilantro)
- Lime juice from 1 lime
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Chop the cooked shrimp in half. If desired, keep a few whole to garnish.
- Combine diced onions, shrimp, 1/2 of the lime juice and aioli in a bowl, mix well. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Add salt/pepper to taste.
- Cut avocados in half, remove seed and peel carefully.
- Drizzle remaining lime juice over avocados. This helps keep them from darkening too quickly.
- Use a spoon to stuff avocados with shrimp salad filling.
- Add any garnishes and serve immediately.
Til next time…
Also shared on these Link Parties:
Between Naps on the Porch: Metamorphis Monday