Crockpot Tuscan Soup is a savory Italian soup that’s prepared in the crockpot. The ingredients combine to make the perfect comfort food in a bowl!
We recently celebrated our youngest son’s birthday by going out to dinner at Olive Garden. We don’t eat there very often, but on this particular visit, our food was absolutely delicious. There were two dishes that we especially enjoyed. One was the Chicken Lombardy, the other was their Zuppa Toscana Soup. So, what’s a girl to do? Try to re-create those recipes from scratch. This Crockpot Tuscan Soup is my attempt to capture the flavors and essence embodied in the Zuppa Toscana.
The really nice thing about this soup is that you can make it in a crockpot or stovetop. So, let me tell you how to make my Crockpot Tuscan Soup.
It all starts with the chicken. You’ll need 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Trim any fat and cut into cubes.
You’ll also need 1 large onion and 1 large bell pepper.
Dice your onion and bell pepper.
Mince or finely dice garlic (or you can use 2 teaspoons of minced garlic).
In your pot, combine the onion, pepper, chicken, cannellini beans, tomato paste, garlic, salt and pepper.
Add chicken broth to the pot.
Let the soup simmer in the crockpot on low for 5 hours, stirring occasionally. Add Rosemary and spinach and let simmer for 15 minutes.
Serve topped with Parmesan Cheese.
This soup is so full of flavor. I just think anytime you add Rosemary to chicken, you’re bound to have a winner.
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 large red bell pepper diced
- 2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 15 oz can cannellini beans (white kidney beans), drained and rinsed
- 1 14 oz can chicken broth
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- rosemary to taste
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- shredded Parmesan cheese to taste
- In your crockpot, combine the onion, pepper, chicken, beans, broth, paste, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Cook on low for 5 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Add rosemary and spinach and let it simmer for an additional 10-15 minutes.
- Serve topped with shredded Parmesan cheese
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 243Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 53mgSodium: 688mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 7gSugar: 4gProtein: 29g
Winter is coming here in Ohio and this soup makes a great warm-you-up family dinner.
Til next time…
Be sure to pin the below image to your favorite Pinterest board so you can refer back to this recipe or share it with family and friends!