White Chicken Chili
Creamy, rich and full of cumin goodness. This soup recipe is hearty and definitely a family favorite!
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1-1/2 tspn garlic powder
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 2 cans 15-1/2 ounces each great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can 14-1/2 ounces chicken broth
- 2 cans 4 ounces each chopped green chilies
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 cup 8 ounces sour cream
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
In a large saucepan, saute the chicken, onion and garlic powder in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Add the beans, broth, chilies and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce hit; simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
Remove from heat; stir in sour cream and cream.