This Zucchini Frittata Recipe is the perfect way to eat healthy and use up some of that zucchini! What makes this dish special is the use of goat cheese that just gives it a rich flavor!
Spring has arrived in Central Ohio and brought with it much rain. But, the rain can’t keep me down because I know warmer, sunnier days are ahead. With those warmer sunnier days, comes fresh vegetables and fruits. One of my favorite vegetables is zucchini and this Zucchini Frittata Recipe hits the spot!
It has simple, fresh ingredients, like sliced onions…
fresh sliced zucchini…
eggs and thyme….
and topped with tomatoes and goat cheese. The Zucchini Frittata is cooked on the stove top in one skillet…
and then put under the broiler for just a few minutes.
I make a healthier version using coconut oil instead of butter and omitting the sugar. It tastes fabulous!
I really hope you give this recipe a try. The goat cheese just adds the perfect little kick to this dish. I’m positive that once you make it, it’ll become a favorite!
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- 12 ounces zucchini (1 large zucchini or 3 small zucchini)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 5 eggs
- sprig of fresh thyme (or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme)
- 1 tomato
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat and add the butter. When the butter starts bubbling, add the onion. Sprinkle in the sugar. Saute the onion until carmalized, about 8-10 minutes. Take care not to burn the onions.
- While the onion is sauteeing, slice the zucchini very thinly (1/8″ thick) using sharp chef’s knife or a mandolin. Cut the tomato into 1/4″ slices. When the onion is ready, add the zucchini and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occassionally until zucchini is tender and has just started to brown.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with the thyme; Preheat the broiler and set the rack to about 8-10 inches below the heating element.
- Once the zucchini is cooked, pour in the eggs. Top with sliced tomatoes and dot with crumbles of goat cheese. Cook for 6 minutes.
- Place pan under broiler for 2-3 minutes until the top is lightly browned. Let cool for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve warm or at room temperature.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 180Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 179mgSodium: 244mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 10g
More Recipe Ideas
If you liked this Zucchini Frittata Recipe, you might also like these recipe ideas from The Birch Cottage:
- Zucchini Muffins with Cranberries and White Chocolate
- How to Make Zucchini Noodles that Aren’t Watery
- Dark Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
Til next time…
Be sure to pin this recipe to your favorite Pinterest board so you can save it for later or share it with family and friends.