Make this aromatic and tasty vanilla infused honey in your Instant Pot® or electric pressure cooker in less than an hour! Make it for yourself or as a gift!
I first made vanilla infused honey probably 30 years ago. My husband’s grandfather introduced me to the idea. But, he also liked jalapeño infused honey; which, at the time, I thought was a crazy idea!
I hadn’t tried to make infused honey since that summer so long ago. Then, I saw where Lynn from Nourish and Nestle shared this great idea for a Rose Petal Green Tea Gift Set complete with Rose Hip Infused Honey.
Lynn’s original recipe for Rose Hip Infused Honey takes a couple of hours to make. You know how one idea leads to another? Well, that got me to wondering why couldn’t I make the infused honey in my Instant Pot pressure cooker?! Guess what? It can!
Vanilla Infused Honey
This whole idea of infused honey really opens up the door to all kinds of flavors of infused honey, think: ginger honey, cinnamon honey, rose hip honey, chai spice honey, cocoa honey…. I mean, the options are limitless.
But, today, let’s focus on vanilla infused honey. Here’s what you’ll need and how to make this delectable treat.
Equipment & Supplies
- InstantPot (or electric pressure cooker of your choice)
- half-pint canning jars
- measuring cup
- paper towels
- mesh strainer or cheesecloth
These ingredients are per half-pint jar. If you want to make more than one half-pint jar, adjust your ingredients accordingly.
For the vanilla, you can use 2-4 beans – depending on the size of the pods and the intensity of the vanilla flavor that you want in your honey.
For the honey, choose a mild flavored honey, not raw honey. From what I understand, you can use raw honey but some of the health benefits are affected by the high heat of the pressure cooker.
- 2-4 vanilla beans split in half
- 3/4 cup mild honey (not raw)
- Make sure your half-pint jars are clean and dry. Place trivet in bottom of InstantPot and add one cup of water.
- Split vanilla beans in half lengthwise and place in half-pint jar(s).
- Fill the half-pint jars with honey so that it covers the vanilla beans and leave at least a 1” headspace.
- Take a half-sheet of paper towel, fold in half and place on top of jar. Affix band on jar to hold paper towels in place. The paper towel will help to absorb any moisture away from the honey.
- Place filled and paper towel covered jars on the trivet in the pressure cooker. You can process multiple jars at a time, just be sure to leave space between the jars so they are not touching. Secure the lid on the InstantPot and pressure cook on high for 30 minutes. Let pressure release naturally.
- Once the pressure has been released from the InstantPot or electric pressure cooker, carefully remove the jars. While the honey is still hot, stir the jar of honey and pour into clean jars through a mesh strainer or cheesecloth.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1 tablespoon
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 65Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 0gSugar: 17gProtein: 0g
Your honey is now ready for use or gifting! I love using pretty jars, like these Weck jars for gifting homemade goods like this vanilla infused honey, lemon infused honey, sugar hand srub or spice rubs.
Vanilla Infused Honey Labels
To add an extra touch to your gift giving, I created this set of free printable Vanilla Infused Honey Gift Labels. You’ll find these labels in the Subscribers Resource Library.
As you may have guessed, the Subscribers Resource Library is a digital library exclusively for subscribers to The Birch Cottage newsletter. If you’d like access to these vanilla infused honey labels and the ENTIRE library, you can subscribe below:
Please note that these instructions are for NEW subscribers only. If you are an existing subscriber, you’ll find a link to the download in an email from The Birch Cottage or you can simply go to the Subscribers Resource Library and search or browse for the download.
Til next time…